Hounds on the Hill 5k!
Clover Hill High School and the Chiller (our stadium) stand at the top of the hill on Kelly Green Drive. This beautiful campus is a perfect setting for a race. The Hounds on the Hill 5k is a fun race from Clover Hill High School through the neighborhoods of Brandermill and back. The proceeds from this event will support local animal charities and Clover Hill High School Athletics.
Canine Fun Run
The Canine Fun Run will be a pet-friendly 1 mile run around the Clover Hill High School campus. You don't have to take your dog, if you just want to run a mile and play with other people's dogs, that's fine too!
We're aiming to put on a first-class community event! So, even if you're not a runner, walker, pet-owner, or volunteer, come out anyway and have some fun! We'll have lots for you to do and see, plus DOGS!!! There will be lots of dogs for you to greet, pet, and get doggie kisses from!
Please don't bring your cat, there are seriously going to be a lot of dogs here
If you aren't planning to run the Hounds on the Hill 5k or Canine Fun Run, the next best thing to do is volunteer! There are lots of different opportunities to help out either on race day or before! Some positions we'll need help with:
- Course Marshals: Volunteers will stand at strategic positions along the course directing runners as necessary. Great to be assertive and vocal and enjoy cheering the runners on!
- Finish Line: Volunteers work with the finish line coordinator to ensure that all runners receive an accurate time, keep runners moving through the finish chute, give out medals and direct runners to the post-race area.
- Packet Pick-up: Volunteers assist with handing out goodie bags, t-shirts and numbers.
- Post Race Area: Volunteers help set up and hand out the runner post-race food and manage traffic in the post-race area.
- Water Stop Assistant: Volunteers hand out water to the participants along the course.
- Race-Day Registration: Volunteers assist runners who woke up on race day and decided to run our awesome race!
- Pre-race Registration: Volunteers assist with assembling the runner’s bibs, and stuffing the goody bags for the runners.
- Course Marking Fun Run: Volunteers assist the logistics team by marking the course with flour. This fun run should be held a day or two before the race.
- And much much more!
Check out our Signupgenius page to see how you can help!
2017 Hounds on the Hill 5k and Canine Fun Run